[Sderby] suse8.2 crashing

Derek Huskisson derek at huskisson.free-online.co.uk
Tue Feb 24 18:59:10 GMT 2004

On Tuesday 24 Feb 2004 16:56, L Wright wrote:
> Thanks for all your help. I would like to upgrade to suse9.0 but I don't
> want to go and spend again if I'm still going to have problems. Bearing in
> mind that I am new to linux, if I go to suse.com what files etc do I need
> to download so that I can move up to 9.0 and how do I go about the
> installation? I know this is a big ask but I would like to persevere with
> this so I can see how good linux is supposed to be.
> Thanks again
> Leigh

 Hi Leigh
		If you've got access to broadband or some other fast connection, and a CD
burner, you can either:-

a) Down load a boot ISO and after installing that, use a FTP connection to
build your system .
b) Download an evaluation CD and use that to 'play' with your system. -- It's
not much slower using this than booting from a HD and I think you can save
your config and a home area on your Hard Drive.

All from:  http://www.suse.co.uk/uk/private/download/suse_linux/index.html

					Derek Huskisson