[Sderby] These Torrent still CD image things

David Jolley dave at lucien.cx
Tue Jul 13 11:30:38 BST 2004

Tony Shaw wrote:

> Hi to one and all,
>
> Can anyone tell me if there is a way to convert Torrent CD images to
> ISO files,
> or Burn them to CD via Mandrake 9.0. As I keep getting them in my
> search list
> within LimeWire (the P2P network utility). Thank's

All I can say is that the image I downloaded came down as a compressed
file - what format was the ISO in (i.e. a set of seperate files, one
huge file but with a wacky extension, etc. etc.) and someone will
probably have an idea of what's going on.

AIUI (and I've not been using BitTorrent for *that* long, really) what
comes down is determined by the person who seeded the torrent, and can
be different for each packager - more than one way to skin a cat and all
that...

The one ISO I've downloaded from BitTorrent was compressed in a
multi-span archive (!) so required some mucking around with before I
ended up with a file that was actually an ISO ready to be burned.

Cheers

Dave.