[Sderby] Amateur radio licences

Mike Hemstock hemstock at tiscali.co.uk
Tue Jun 22 18:34:58 BST 2004

On Tuesday 22 June 2004 17:32, Graham Hamblin wrote:
> Hiyer
>
> Oh no please don't rename the group or get carried away with it.   I
> could have a licence, G4VBB, I returned it a few years ago and gave it
> all up after doing HF and running a tcp/ip node on vhf/uhf using linux.
>
> It's had it's day and I haven't missed it one little bit.

Talk about lighting the blue touch paper!  Are you trying to start a flame
war?!  I think it's a bit extreme to say it's had it's day.  I'll agree that
it is nowhere near as popular as it was 20 years ago, but I think there's
still plenty of milage.  We just need to do a better job of raising
awareness.

Check out http://www.rsgb.org/

Mike.