[Sderby] IRC channel

David Jolley dave at lucien.cx
Tue Mar 30 10:11:38 BST 2004

James Tait wrote:

>On Mon, 29 Mar 2004, Ian Spratt wrote:
>

>>Is anyone else able to get onto the IRC channel?
>>

>Without hacking my IRC client, I haven't been able to since it moved to
>irc.lug.org.uk.  It seems whatever server they're using isn't
>RFC-compliant, as it sends bare carriage-returns between the notices and
>a PING command on client connect.

Ooooer.  What IRC client are you using?  I've had no problems with
XChat, (K)sirc or mIRC - all of which connect to the server in the
proscribed fashion.  Have you, by any chance, screwed up your config of
your chat client?  *Loads* of people use that IRC server, I know that
northants LUG also use that as their server...
Try flattening your IRC client's configuration, or reinstalling...

Cheers

Dave.