[Sderby] Re: Ad-hoc LUG meeting

Adam Fowler Adam.Fowler at ideagen.co.uk
Tue May 11 16:15:23 BST 2004

-----Original Message-----
From: Richard Smedley [mailto:richard.smedley03 at ntlworld.com]

> James,
> How about meeting at the place in Matlock mentioned here:
> http://www.vegsoc.org/network/heartofengland.html#derby
> It's not /too/ far to travel.

Oooh this would be good as its in my town! 8o) So long as its not on a
Monday or Wednesday night I could go. (I'm a Civilian Instructor with the
ATC)

Did I ever get round to sending that introductory e-mail to this list?
Prolly not.

I'm Adam Fowler and I work for a small software company in Matlock called
IdeaGen PLC. I work here as a J2EE developer/architect type dude. Part of
this job involves hacking at a linux box and MySQL. I'm a graduate from the
University of Wales, Aberystwyth 2002 BSc(Hons) Computer Science. And no I'm
not *too* fond of sheep! (Apart from dead ones served on a plate). I've been
using Linux since early 2000 when I was an undergrad' and prefer it as my
main development platform, although I've been somewhat of a traitor lately
with my XP laptop... I hope to repent eventually and buy a pretty 'ickle
PowerBook or the like. I've been involved with recompiling stuff for ARM
linux, I am administrator of the (completely stalled) Tomcat-Book project
and am currently the proud owner of a deadhat box. I hope to hack
Apache-James tonight with a view of getting IMAP support working.
(Courier-IMAP is reallllly hard to setup with LDAP, it would seem). My Final
year diss was on something V.complex, with the latest description of the new
version at http://nspf.adamfowler.co.uk/ is anyone's terminally interested.

I have harassed the LoneWorkVegetarian[tm] and I now know where it is if
anyone wants directions. Apparently its quite well hidden above another shop
(Ladyfair). Theres no parking in the immediate area, but its a short walk
away from the big free car park near the rail station. The guy at work has
never been though. I've never been as I'm a big (somewhat chubby) meat eater
and I've only lived here since January.

I look forward to being non-busy enough to turn up to a meeting!

Regards,

Adam.

This email and any files attached is intended for the addressee only and may contain information that is confidential and/or legally privileged. Unauthorised use is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the addressee, you should not read, copy, disclose or otherwise use this message, including any attachment, except for the purpose of delivery to the addressee.

We make every effort to keep our network free from viruses. However, you do need to verify this e-mail and any attachments to it to be virus free as we can take no responsibility for any computer virus which might be transferred by way of this e-mail.

Scanning of this message and addition of this footer is performed by SurfControl E-mail Filter software in conjunction with virus detection software.