[Sderby] Hello fellow Derbyshire Linux fans!

Graham Hamblin graham at hamblin24.f9.co.uk
Wed May 26 06:40:28 BST 2004

Hiyer Boris

Well my new Dell box came a couple of weeks ago with the compulsory
Windows installed.   Windows went within the first half hour and since
I have tried Slackware, Mandrake, SuSE 8.2 and Fedora Core 1(RedHat)
and am now waiting for SuSE 9.1 to drop through the letterbox.

The only problem I have had is a few detection problems, it being a new
box and old software.   The latest software I had was Fedora Core and
that coped with eeverything except the modem which is an Intel 537EP
V.92, it even identified the monitor which I got going with earlier
systems by fiddling the parameters.

So if you don't have a new box I would not envisage a problem with SuSE.
I am using an external modem for the moment, until SuSE 9.1 arrives and
if that does not drive the internal one the drivers are avilable for
Linux on the Intel site.

Best of luck, I have used Linux and FreeBSD for around 10 years and am
not tempted to even try Windows.   My box runs continually without any
problems.   Never crashed and never had a virus!

Regards
Graham hamblin