[Sderby] Modems

Sam Styles s.styles at lathamarchitects.co.uk
Wed Oct 6 16:42:54 BST 2004

Hi all,
My first post to this great list which Ive been reading for months now. Ive
just recently dumped w**dows and wholey gone to linux. Slackware 10 updated
with the 2.6 kernel and KDE 3.2 to be precise.
Ive been having a bit of trouble with my modem, i.e. it didnt work. 3 modems
later (all out of spare machines, not bought) and Im still offline. I
understand now why - all this winmodem bother. Ive been looking for drivers
for the ambient one I have and there arnt any drivers for the 2.6 kernel
yet. Im planning on getting the two other from home tonight and checking for
drivers for them (they are both connexant) so fingers crossed.
Anyway, If im not sucessful I will be looking for a 56k hardware modem and
wondered if anyone had any suggestions and comments on what they use.
Internal or external, price is the key. Plus the ability for it to actually
work!
Thanks in advance
Sam

---

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any view or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company, Latham Architects. If you have received this email in error, please contact Latham Architects by email on enquiries at lathamarchitects.co.uk

Scanned for viruses by MailDefender