[Sderby] Modems

Andre Hefer (smtp) andre.hefer at avhservices.co.uk
Thu Oct 7 11:12:08 BST 2004

On Wednesday 06 October 2004 16:43, Sam Styles wrote:
<snip>
> Anyway, If im not sucessful I will be looking for a 56k hardware modem and
> wondered if anyone had any suggestions and comments on what they use.
> Internal or external, price is the key. Plus the ability for it to actually
> work!
</snip>
Sam

I have always used  external U.S. Robotics 56K Faxmodems connected to the
serial port. I have run SuSE since  version 7.2 and have never had an
instance where it the operating system has not detected and configured it
straight out the box.

Andre

P.S. Watch out for sharing phone lines with other stuff. This can cause
problems.