[Sderby] Meetings

Ashley Heath ashley.heath at bigfoot.com
Sun Oct 10 22:21:58 BST 2004

On Thu, 7 Oct 2004 23:27:29 +0100
Mike Hemstock <hemstock at tiscali.co.uk> wrote:

> Folks,
>
> It has been brought to my attention that Sunday meetings lack a sense of
> purpose.  I think it would be a good idea if we could schedule something into
> the meetings.  In the past we have had C lectures, a Samba demo and a
> Smoothwall demo.  Does anyone have any idea for presentations that they would
> ether like to present or attend?  Shout in with ideas and I will see if I can
> get things organised.
>
> Mike.

Speaking to a few of the LUG members and reading some of the feedback to your post I think the meetings definitely need an agenda.

1. Create a long term schedule starting off with the basics, working through to the more technical stuff.

2. Have the first half of each meeting on the basics and then maybe the last hour or so on the more advanced stuff.

3. Alternate meetings discussing the basics and more advanced topics

The agenda for each meeting should be posted well in advance so that anyone interested can make arrangements to attend. I think we should advertise the fact more that anyone new to Linux can come along for a demo, get advice or help installing Linux for the first time.

Ash