[Sderby] Help with a Linux installation!

normancruice norman at normancruice.uklinux.net
Mon Mar 7 17:44:29 GMT 2005

Excuse me out there, can some one spare a couple of hours to help me get to grips with the installation and trouble shooting of Suse personal I have put on my PC. I am not very good at computers, but I do want to get to use Linux rather than Windows. I have got it on a separate hard drive to windows, but even setting it up for the internet is giving me a hard time. I can send mail but not receive(my other version I had which was Mandrake has gone pear shaped).My graphics aren't quite right, my printer is the same and so is my scanner and camera. Other than that I am OK!
I have taken the PC to Moira a few times but it is a lot of hassle and what I was hoping was that someone could come to the house and give me some general pointers so I can fix the problems as I learn. I have books, but they are so detailed I cannot seem to pick out the bits I need.
As I cannot receive E mails on Linux can I put my Windows e address and telephone number here if anyone would be prepared to help.
Tele 01283 762337, e address normancruice at oal.com I live at Coton in the Elms, near Rosliston and Swadlincote so it is fairly central. Thankyou in anticipation, Norman Cruice.