[Sderby] Suse help!!!!!!!!!!!!

Arno J.J. Brevoort bre at dnd.utwente.nl
Mon Mar 14 14:15:24 GMT 2005

Hi Norman,

Sometimes a bit more handholding is helpful -- it's been a while since I
did a fresh Linux install, and it's always a bit of a challenge. In my
experience there's always a few things to tweak and bang into behaving
correctly. (the same applies to Windows as well -- I've always had to
download driver updates for any fresh installation to get all the features
working proper)

I would be glad to help you out a bit, if I can -- and I'm sure you'll
find some other friendly souls here.

What we'd need to help you out though, is loads of information about your
setup. As much as you can possibly give. It's also useful to start fixing
problems one at a time.

Perhaps a nice one to start with would be to get your graphics working
properly.

What kind of graphics card do you have?
What kind of chipset is it?
What kind / brand of monitor do you have connected to it?
What resolution would you want to be working with?
What bit depth would you want to be working with?

Cheers,

Arno