[Sderby] NVidia Binary.

Mr Laurie L Proud laurie at g0llp.fsnet.co.uk
Wed Mar 16 05:30:19 GMT 2005

Hi  Mike & Dave B,

Further to my problem with the NVidia 3d Graphics function in SuSE 8.2,
after installing updates. Specifically a kernal update.

The 3D AGP card is an TNT2 Model 64.

When Paul & I got back we did as you suggested - We followed the notes I
made and read the help on the NVidia website.

We copied the original 2.4.20 Kernal source from the 8.2 install disk and
did that strange geeky stuff in a terminal.

Funny text scrolled up in the terminal.

After a re-boot We got the nVidea splash screen and that fixed the
problem. Thank-you.

Well almost ...........On log out and system shut down the X-Server falls
over. Think it should switch into SVGA to show shut down script in
verbose, but have flashing blocks, just like an old Spectrum crash !

Fortuneatly the shut down script executes properly and the system halts
normally, but I cannot see the verbose shutdown as normal.

All other 2D and 3D X-server functionality is OK

Please can you give me some advise how I can fix this twitch.

What file output would you need to look at ?
Where is it located ?

I hope the tounge in cheek aspect raised a smile.
Thank-You,

Regards Laurie
--
KMail-SuSE Linux Professional