[Sderby] Suse help!

Norman's normancruice at uklinux.net
Tue Mar 22 19:37:01 GMT 2005

Good evening folks, sorry I have been late in replying but | have only just
managed to get Mandrake back on line after inadvertently getting stuck in the
command line instead of GUIevery time I started up. I have read the posted
comments and still want to use Linux as an ordinary desk top computer as, I
imagine a lot of other people who use Bill Gates's stuff would like to do. I
am retired and 67 so I have still a long time in which to learn the basics
and I realise I have to do it one step at a time. I know I will never be able
to configure my machine to take part in SETI, but it keeps the brain active.
I built a mongrel computer with 98, XP and Mandrake 9.2 on one HDD and using
cassettes I have Suse 9.1 personal on another. I have a problem with graphics
on both OSs, I will try and get that right first and then ask for specific
help as I go along if that is OK with you all. Thanks for the offers of help,
nice to read all the e mails even if some of the seem to be in Chinese
English if you know what I mean, Norman.