[Sderby] linux beginner

R Verma rv3000 at btinternet.com
Sat Sep 10 11:54:50 BST 2005

Greetings all

I am a complete linux virgin but am very keen to learn to use it. I would
value any advice for beginners (and I mean beinners) and would like to meet
some of you folks at your Friday meetings in Babbington Lane (I live quite
near in Littleover).
I have set aside a PC which I want to dedicate to linux. I have also been
given a copy of Knoppix 3.8 that boots from the CD. I want to set up linux
on my hard drive and learn about its various 'modules'. Any help will be
very much apprecieted, especially guidance on some preliminary reading
material.

Many thanks

Ranjit Verma
rv3000 at btinternet.com