[Sderby] Re: Fwd: [sf-uk-discuss] Early Day Motion No 179 - Software in Education

Tim Retout tim at retout.co.uk
Wed Dec 6 12:47:59 GMT 2006

On Wed, 2006-12-06 at 11:57 +0000, James Tait wrote:
> Do we know how many backbenchers are eligible to sign EDMs?  Then we can
> get an idea of the proportion of them who have signed, and lobby those
> who haven't.

Motions with over 300 signatures are listed in the appendix to 'House of
Commons Factsheet P3':

http://www.parliament.uk/documents/upload/p03.pdf

The highest I could see was EDM 633 2001-02, with 502 signatures. If you
beat 300, you're doing well.

Note, though, that you really need to find someone in the MP's
constituency to do the lobbying. ;)

--
Tim Retout <tim at retout.co.uk>