[Sderby] Re: Sderby Digest, Vol 113, Issue 2

Dave Voorhis dave at armchair.mb.ca
Wed Nov 8 11:00:03 GMT 2006

On Tue, 2006-11-07 at 18:50 +0000, Someone wrote:

> "I am starting to think that some kind of forum would be advantageous
> for all this exciting discussion. Email lists are *so* 1999."

Ah, the perennial list-vs-forum debate that seems to afflict all LUGs on
a regular basis...

The obvious solution is to have *both*.  Have the email list auto-post
into a Web-based forum and vice-versa.  I did this with a motorcycling
forum I've been running for a decade or so, and it's been a stunning
success.  I also auto-post into a News group for folks who like that
format, and everyone is happy.

I've got the server infrastructure to host it, so if y'all want to go
that route, just say the word and I'll wire it up.  Might take a week or
two because I'm busy with work, though.

Dave...