[Sderby] Introduction

Steve Tickle steve.tickle at clara.co.uk
Mon Oct 9 13:10:05 BST 2006

On Monday, October 09, 2006 12:59:08, "Ian Spratt"
<ian.spratt at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi, and welcome to the list
> Dont worry about asking questions, the more the better. If they
> really are stupid even i might be able to help you.
> I'm not sure if you know, but we have weekly get togethers in a pub
> in central Derby on a friday night, and everyone is welcome.

Could be awkward for me to attend the pub meets (regularly at least) but
it's something to aim for.

Can I start with a question?
I'm just in the process of installing Debian on a HD I have here. I have
a set of Woody CDs which I've successfully installed. I now want to
apt-get dist-upgrade but apt-get doesn't seem to connect. It appears to
be trying to connect to 1.0.0.0 in each case. I woundered if it was my
ADSL firewall/router getting in the way and whether I need to get a
port-forwarding rule up but I wouldn't have thought I'd have to as I've
tried both http and ftp URIs.

Anyone ever had trouble with this?
--
Steve