[Sderby] Re: Desktops

Tim Retout tim at retout.co.uk
Tue Oct 17 01:39:30 BST 2006

On Mon, 2006-10-16 at 22:34 +0100, Steve Tickle wrote:
> On Monday, October 16, 2006 22:15:57, Tim Retout <tim at retout.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > I would find it painful to run sarge on a desktop machine.
>
> Well, I'm also seriously thinking of giving Ubuntu a try, although I
> want to get more familiar with Debian because I have root access to a
> Debian web/mail server which I and a friend are likely to
> upgrade/replace with a new box running Sarge.

I have to admit, I'm running Ubuntu Edgy on my desktop, because Debian
unstable didn't have enough bugs. :)

(Dapper is nice and stable as well, of course. Edgy might well be less
bug-prone by the time it gets released.)

Ubuntu is Debian-based, yes. Sarge is excellent for servers, of course.

--
Tim Retout <tim at retout.co.uk>