[Sderby] Re: Desktops

Steve Tickle steve.tickle at clara.co.uk
Wed Oct 18 20:42:15 BST 2006

On Tuesday, October 17, 2006 01:40:21, Tim Retout <tim at retout.co.uk> wrote:

> I have to admit, I'm running Ubuntu Edgy on my desktop, because Debian
> unstable didn't have enough bugs.  :)
>
> (Dapper is nice and stable as well, of course. Edgy might well be less
> bug-prone by the time it gets released.)
>
> Ubuntu is Debian-based, yes. Sarge is excellent for servers, of
> course.

I've just downloaded and burnt the Unbuntu 6.06 LTC image and I must say
I'm impressed. The live system booted into 1024x768 and sound worked out
of the box. However, when I tried to install the sytem, not a lot
happened. I've done some digging around the Ubuntu site and think that
might because I'm trying to install over a working Sarge system with LVM
active. I'll go back and disable the LVM stuff and try again.

If I'm right in my assumption, all I can say is it would have been nice
to get some sort of error message.
--
Steve