[Sderby] Dominic Knight & Dean Chapman?

Andy Smith andy at lug.org.uk
Mon Sep 18 21:46:44 BST 2006

On Mon, Sep 18, 2006 at 09:09:08PM +0100, Ian Spratt wrote:
> Andy Smith wrote:
> >Are Dominic Knight and/or Dean Chapman still around?  They are
> >listed as contacts for this LUG but none of the email addresses on
> >the lug.org.uk pages nor in the list's config work anymore.

[...]

> I guess we should start thinking about this.
> I know there are people still actively moderating the mailing list, but

There is no one moderating the mailing list - all addresses which
are notified of messages to moderate are undeliverable, and there
were over a thousand messages waiting for moderation.. :)

It needs someone or a few someones to spare a few minutes each week
on it; the list can be set to reject mails from non-members (instead
of holding them) if the burden becomes too great.

> what about the other roles?
> what other roles are there?

Well no one is compelled to do anything but there is a list of LUGs
on http://lug.org.uk/ that probably should have a working contact
address just in case someone stumbles across it (could be set as the
list address I suppose).

There is also the lugmaster list which has representatives from most
other UK LUGs, and is a good way to find out about what other LUGs
are up to, so normally someone representing the LUG would be on
there.

As I say most of that is optional but at the very minimum it would
be advisable to have a human being keeping an eye on the mailing
list.

Cheers,
Andy Smith
UK Linux User Groups