[Sderby] Dominic Knight & Dean Chapman?

Michael Erskine msemtd at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Sep 19 10:45:27 BST 2006

On Monday 18 September 2006 21:46, Andy Smith wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 18, 2006 at 09:09:08PM +0100, Ian Spratt wrote:
> > Andy Smith wrote:
> > >Are Dominic Knight and/or Dean Chapman still around?  They are
> > >listed as contacts for this LUG but none of the email addresses on
> > >the lug.org.uk pages nor in the list's config work anymore.

> There is also the lugmaster list which has representatives from most
> other UK LUGs, and is a good way to find out about what other LUGs
> are up to, so normally someone representing the LUG would be on
> there.

Hi folks, I'm treasurer over the way at Nottingham LUG
(http://www.nottingham.lug.org.uk) and we run a medium sized group. We have
three list moderators to filter through the spam although we only rarely have
to let anything legit through the trap. Moderation of held usually takes a
couple of minutes a day to check and clear out typically twenty or so
messages: log into the mailman admin page, quickly browse the titles of the
held messages (mostly stock options spam at the moment!) and usually just
tick "Discard all messages marked Defer" and submit the form. It's a breeze.
Only occasionally do I have to look at the message body to confirm what I
suspected anyway: it's spam!

Regards,
Michael Erskine.

--