[Sderby] Down with Microsoft

Dave Coulson david.coulson6 at btopenworld.com
Thu Feb 1 15:43:52 GMT 2007

I received the following email today which might interest some of you.
So please take a look for yourselves and act accordingly -

This has been posted on the WYLUG discussion group.  I've signed, you might be interested to and please pass on to your local LUG if it's not already cropped up.  http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/OPENSOURCE/

Also the BBC trust are consulting on their online plans and are proposing a Microsoft rights managed solution that would prevent non microsoft users accessing content.  Again please add your comments and if it's not already on your LUG do you want to forward a link to this:  http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbctrust/consult/open-consultations/ondemand_services.html

Cheers Dave Coulson