[Sderby] BBC iplayer pertition

Adam Armstrong lists at memetic.org
Tue Jul 3 11:58:57 BST 2007

Steve Tickle wrote:
> On Tuesday, July 03, 2007 10:23:43, Adam Armstrong <lists at memetic.org>
> wrote:
>
>> It doesn't discriminate against anyone, fuck off.
>>
>> You discriminate aganist the world for expecting everyone to suck
>> your cock because you insist on using a different OS than everyone else.
>
> Oh by the way, I made two statements and never once made any
> suggestion that others should (or indeed should not) sign the
> petition. So maybe you ought to learn to read properly before jumping
> on to your high horse.
You claimed that the BBC was discriminating against you because you run
$nonstandard_os.

The BBC is not discriminating against you, they've merely made a very
sensible commercial decision not to support your choice of operating
system. Much like they don't support the Amiga, OpenBSD, Solaris,
Commodore 64 or Oric Atmos.

You speak as if you deserve, nay, that it is your inate right to have
access to the content on any platform you so chose. The BBC have chosen
Windows has the logical platform to supply the content on, as it hits
the widest possible audience.

Just because you make non-standard choices, doesn't mean the world has
to bend to meet you. Such arguments are why people hate Unix/Mac users.
You have no rights. Once it's beneficial for people to care about you,
they will. Until then, you're the outsider. Live with it.

adam.