[Sderby] BBC iplayer pertition

James Tait james.tait at wyrddreams.org
Tue Jul 3 12:20:34 BST 2007

Adam Armstrong wrote:
> You speak as if you deserve, nay, that it is your inate right to have
> access to the content on any platform you so chose. The BBC have chosen
> Windows has the logical platform to supply the content on, as it hits
> the widest possible audience.

While I'm paying ever-increasing TV license fees to the BBC, yes, I
expect to have access to the content I have paid for.  The BBC have it
back-to-front.  They've made a decision to support a specific platform
and ruled out all other options by using that platform's closed format.
 Had they instead opted for an open format, they could continue to
support their platform(s) of choice, and other platforms would be able
to support themselves.

As an aside from this discussion, but since it was a part of it, I
didn't appreciate the tone of your original response to Steve's mail.
There are better ways to debate than using foul language and sexual
references, which have the added benefit of not making you look like an
ignorant, uneducated 7-year-old trying to look hard in front of his mates.

Cheers,

JT
James Tait, BSc                        |    xmpp:jayteeuk at wyrddreams.org
Programmer and Free Software advocate  |       VoIP: +44 (0)870 490 2407