[Sderby] Winmodem problems

lauri lauri at onetel.com
Mon Mar 5 08:53:09 GMT 2007

I recently bought SUSE 10 to install on a computer running Windows XP
and successfully set up a dual-boot system and installed all  items.
However I cannot set up a connection to my ISP. The reason is that  I
have a Winmodem (Xoom Hayes 56k V92 software modem) and although I have
looked at the linmodem site have been unable to get any further, mostly
because of the technical nature of the info provided. Although I taught
an IT course before I retired from teaching nearly 12 years ago I never
had much exposure to programming as I was a Modern Language teacher by
training.

Thank you in advance for any help you may be able to give.

Lauri Nelson