[Sderby] Winmodem problems

SiG s19nal at btinternet.com
Mon Mar 5 12:55:08 GMT 2007

lauri wrote:
> I recently bought SUSE 10 to install on a computer running Windows XP
> and successfully set up a dual-boot system and installed all  items.
> However I cannot set up a connection to my ISP. The reason is that  I
> have a Winmodem (Xoom Hayes 56k V92 software modem) and although I have
> looked at the linmodem site have been unable to get any further, mostly
> because of the technical nature of the info provided. Although I taught
> an IT course before I retired from teaching nearly 12 years ago I never
> had much exposure to programming as I was a Modern Language teacher by
> training.
>
> Thank you in advance for any help you may be able to give.
>
> Lauri Nelson

Hi Lauri,

have you tried using scanmodem to get some details of the modems chipset?

http://132.68.73.235/linmodems/index.html#scanModem

post  the output and someone should be able to help...perhaps even me...

I've not had to play with a winmodem under linux before but sounds like
a challenge :)

regards
SiG:)