[Sderby] hi, im new, go easy on me!

Richard Smedley smedley358 at btinternet.com
Mon Mar 10 12:14:36 GMT 2008

Hello Bryn,

On Fri, 2008-02-22 at 22:06 +0000, Bryn Nobbs wrote:
> i must admit i am a bit of a gadget freek, i have a
> linksys nslu2 and recently got the asus eeepc.

> they both run linux, debian 4.0 on the nslu2

NSLU2s are great, aren't they? It's amazing that anyone would
want a power-hungry beige box as a SOHO file server when such
a quiet and low-powered box is available. What do you use
yours for?

> and xubuntu on the eeepc

What's XFCe like at 800 x 480? I'm trying to find
time to refurbish an old ThinkPad with a VGA screen,
& I'd thought something like wm2, pwm or ratpoison
would make better use ofthe limited space.

Asus's own GUIs for the EEE seem fairly well-designed,
it's just a shame it's all packaged up with so much
proprietary software :-(

Welcome to the LUG :)
I'm based just outside Derbyshire, in the Congleton area.

 - Richard