[Sderby] what do we use Linux for?

John5342 john5342 at googlemail.com
Mon May 11 23:04:49 UTC 2009

2009/5/11 Bryn Nobbs <maddogmayhem at hotmail.com>:
> hi every one,

Hi Bryn

> i haven't been a very active member of the LUG and just wanted to get a bit
> more involved.

Not an overly active member myself but am pretty sure your welcome.

> So to get me started I was just wondering what everyone else used Linux for?
>
> I use my two ubuntu computers every day for the normal stuff, you know
> surfing, emailing, the occasional game etc, but i also have an old xbox (the
> black one) that i use as a server for files, downloads and streaming to my
> xbox 360. Im in the process of turning an old p2 desktop into a small
> domain, email and file server for a college thats skint.
>
> so, what do you use yours for?

All my desktop/server machines run Fedora except for 2 that are
running RedHat+EPEL and my DS runs DSLinux. I use Linux for just about
everything you could imagine including emails, surfing the web, games,
programming, web design, build servers, package maintenance and a lot
more besides.

--
There are 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who understand binary
and those who don't...