[Staffs] I'm new ish

Kevanf1 kevanf1 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 29 22:14:47 BST 2006

On 29/03/06, r3tude at ntlworld.com <r3tude at ntlworld.com> wrote:
> I'm new to this list ish ive lingered for a bit.
>
> Just to announce myself and to say hi
>
> My names Gavin Milward aged 22
>
> I work as a Sysadmin for a finance company on Trentham Lakes, Stoke on Trent
> My Linux Distribution of choice is Gentoo, quite extensive experience in small
> chunks. Setup varios Linux Servers, Samba with Active Directory integration
> and NT acl support my specialty just lately. Mainly done work in integrating
> linux desktops and servers as seamless as possible to windows networks.
> Starting work on OpenBSD Firewalls and redundacy using carp. My home machine
> I'm waiting for free time to play with Gnome and xgl, just recently found the
> time to get Gentoo up to scratch with SLI support for my 2 6800 Ultras. Done
> a little bit with postfix and spamassassin with clamav also finding time to
> do my MCSE (cough phewy). Been using Linux for about 4 years now enough to
> put me off Windows all together now.
>
> I'm happy to help, i've you need to pick my brain, pick away.

Hi Gavin, welcome aboard mate :-)

I may make some enquiries about Gentoo at a later date.  I have just
acquired an old Compaq PC off my brother.  It would have gone in the
skip otherwise.  I reckon it should run Gentoo nicely.  Being a SuSE
man I've had it pretty easy so Gentoo will be new stuff for me :-))))

Xmas may be over but,  PLEASE DON'T drink and drive you'll make it to
the next one that way.

Kevan Farmer

Linux user #373362

Cheslyn Hay