[StAndrews LUG] Hi

standrews@mailman.lug.org.uk standrews at mailman.lug.org.uk
Sun Dec 15 15:13:00 2002

--=-QuEVCnOQ3ZPVliOEaKA2

If you have to activate Micro$oft Internet Connection Sharing on your XP
(if it still exists). That should do the trick. Also you need to have a
user logged in the XP side to have ICS active.

HTH

On Sat, 2002-12-14 at 00:39, standrews-admin@mailman.lug.org.uk wrote:

> just joined the mailing list.
>
> I have just installed Red Hat 7 on a AMD 1.3GHz PC,  fairly easy it was.
>
> However, I've some questions on getting conneced to the Internet through my
> windows XP pc (yuck!)
>
> anybody tried it ?  or would I be betetr setting up the Linux PC as ther
> server and get windows XP to route through that (also just installed ADSL)
>
> regards Brian

Gilbert Serex <info@sharpnet.co.uk>
Sharpnet Internet

--=-QuEVCnOQ3ZPVliOEaKA2

<HTML>
<HEAD>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
If you have to activate Micro$oft Internet Connection Sharing on your XP (if it still exists). That should do the trick. Also you need to have a user logged in the XP side to have ICS active.<BR>
<BR>
HTH<BR>
<BR>
<PRE><FONT COLOR="#737373" SIZE="3"><I>just joined the mailing list.

I have just installed Red Hat 7 on a AMD 1.3GHz PC,  fairly easy it was.

However, I've some questions on getting conneced to the Internet through my
windows XP pc (yuck!)

anybody tried it ?  or would I be betetr setting up the Linux PC as ther
server and get windows XP to route through that (also just installed ADSL)

regards Brian

</BLOCKQUOTE>
<PRE><TABLE CELLSPACING="0" CELLPADDING="0" WIDTH="100%">
<TR>
<TD>
-- <BR>
Gilbert Serex &lt;<A HREF="mailto:info@sharpnet.co.uk">info@sharpnet.co.uk</A>&gt;<BR>