[StAndrews and Fife LUG] Hi All. Merry Christmas Everyone.

standrews@mailman.lug.org.uk standrews at mailman.lug.org.uk
Sun Dec 22 23:20:00 2002

Hi Everyone,
   Im working at the moment to bring new life into our current web site, but
is only half way threw right now so bare with me as im still wokring. I also
thought it would be good for me to take this chance to introduce my self.

   I was asked if Stuarts really my name, and ye it is. Stuart Anderson. I
live just out of st.Andrews and am a student in Madras Collage, I'm in my
final year and am sitting Advanced Higher Computing. For my project i am
setting up and using a Linux server to host the website of a telephone company.

   In my case my own experiance is from Home. Anything i know ive tought my
self, everyone else around me is still Windows born and bread. Ive been fully
converted to Linux since about 6 years now, (1996) [counter.li.org
entry #240715]. At home i have four machines running RH 8.1, Haley [180826],
Emily[180827], Terry[180828] and my newest girl Dawn[unregesterd]
   Haleys an AMD Athlon 751MHz, with 127Mb RAM. I use her onlt as a toy to
play
with and sometimes do my work on.
   Emily is a AMD K6 350MHz, with only 63MB. She acts as a server running
both FTP, Apahce and SSH servers on her. Soon she'll be a internet router but
one thing at a time.
   Terry on the other hand is a work horse. Intel Pentium 1.4GHz shes my only
laptop and the one i do most of my work on. Shes running BlackBox, trying to
keep it to a minimal i dont have KDE or Gnome on her.

   The web site was what can be produced if you lock your self in a room with
only a laptop and 48-hours. Im spending this weekend looking to inprove it as
i said, so if anyone can think up ideas id be glad to hear them. I

  Well keep in touch and merry Christmas everyone.

--
Stuart Mc Anderson
stuart@nx14.com