[StAndrews and Fife LUG] Linux and windows

brian duncan standrews at mailman.lug.org.uk
Tue Mar 4 20:27:00 2003

recently installed Mandrake 9 on a new PC and all went really well on the=
 initial installation.
then :o(  (real tears)

I'm not sure what I did but had problems when trying to play about with V=
irtual sites in Apache and also Samba.

managed to recover almost, except that my Win XP can't access through Lin=
ux now. =20
from Linux I can ping Win XP pc but can't do it the other way.  I'm not s=
ure whether the problem=20
is on the Linux side or Windows side (I've dabbled a bit and made things =
worse etc but back to normal now)

any suggestions ?

I also downloaded WEBMIN, which looks OK and now try to use Shorewall Fir=
ewall, but get the following error ?
Failed to start firewall :

Processing /etc/shorewall/shorewall.conf ...
Processing /etc/shorewall/params ...
Starting Shorewall...
Initializing...
Determining Zones...