[Fife Linux Users Group] Meeting Marketing

Barrie Dempster barrie at reboot-robot.net
Thu Aug 4 21:27:44 BST 2005

On Thu, 2005-08-04 at 20:43 +0100, John A Thomson of Roundtrip Solutions
Limited wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> The concensus opinion last night was to make the group meeting the
> first Wed of every month. Can we get the next meeting info onto the
> Geeklog and promote the fact that the meeting is a regular event every
> month?
>
> I'll try to promote the group through some other mechanisms to see if
> we can attract some other new folk along.

Cool. :-)

That'd be Stuart Anderson(Chase) - chase at fifelug.org.uk

> Thanks guys for a brilliant first meeting. I had a great time and will
> definitely be back, well just as long as you promise not to break my
> XP install - AGAIN :-D.

Admit it, it was fun :-P

I was thinking of contacting the comp depts in the local colleges as
thats where LUGs traditionally get their base users from, now that we
have a set time and place thats worth pursuing. I don't mind approaching
them myself, however if anyone has contacts at any of the colleges then
that'd be a better avenue, if no one shouts I'll get on it.

--
With Regards..
Barrie Dempster (zeedo) - Fortiter et Strenue

blog: http://reboot-robot.net
site: http://www.bsrf.org.uk
ca:   https://www.cacert.org/index.php?id=3

"He who hingeth aboot, geteth hee-haw" Victor - Still Game