[Fife Linux Users Group] Meeting Marketing

Jim McLaren Jim at blackfingernail.com
Thu Aug 4 21:59:46 BST 2005

On Thursday 04 August 2005 21:24, Barrie Dempster wrote:

> I was thinking of contacting the comp depts in the local colleges as
> thats where LUGs traditionally get their base users from, now that we
> have a set time and place thats worth pursuing. I don't mind approaching
> them myself, however if anyone has contacts at any of the colleges then
> that'd be a better avenue, if no one shouts I'll get on it.

I work for Adam Smith College (Glenrothes & Fife). I did post in the forums
that we run Linux courses, but the postings disappeared in the website
changes. I am supposed to be co-ordinating a project to encourage SME's to
adopt OSS, however not much is happening at the moment, mainly due to all the
backstabbing and politics that are still being played out post merger :-)

My remit is more commercial training than academic, but one thing we were
considering was an install day.

Once things become more concrete I'll let you all know.

Cheers.

--
Jim