[Fife Linux Users Group] Fife Lug Meetings

John A Thomson of Roundtrip Solutions Limited john at roundtripsolutions.com
Sun Nov 6 00:26:23 GMT 2005

Not got a strong preference for a new venue, but I do agree that a venue
with public transport amenities nearby would be a better option. I know one
of my colleagues tried to find the current place a few months ago and failed
on that evening. My first evening I thought I had turned up to the wrong
place if I hadn't know better then I'd have gone home! Perhaps one of the
colleges or universities would be a better option, maybe even get some
students to come along. Many LUGs get close ties with local colleges and
universities so it must have some value! I've got some contacts at Adam
Smith and didn't we have someone a while back who worked there on this list?

Bringing some structure to the evenings would also assist with the general
marketing and presentation of the group to prospective new members. Perhaps
people can volunteer some presentation topics for the next couple of
meetings. Once we know that and have a better placed venue then we can
really market the meetings to the world. I've got some marketing channels
for meetings e.g. BCS mailing lists, local colleges and universities and a
few online forums. We should aim to do an A4 poster for each meeting and get
them onto notice boards in educational establishments and companies.

Well these are just my thoughts.... Any comments!

Many thanks and regards

John A Thomson
BTech - PgDip - IEng - MBCS - MIIE - CSM

Managing Director

Roundtrip Solutions Limited
15 Freuchie Mill, Freuchie, Cupar, Fife KY15 7JL
t: 01337 858 826
t: 0131 208 1826
john at roundtripsolutions.com
http://www.roundtripsolutions.com