[Fife Linux Users Group] Fife Lug Meetings

Gilbert admin at sharpnet.co.uk
Mon Nov 7 11:49:14 GMT 2005

I agree with you, however we also must bear in mind that for all previous
meets the Forum was clearly stating the location and it doesn't take two
minutes to locate it using the web, so I think it probably boils down to lack
of motivation/transport/interest. I rather like the informal nature of the
meets and it gives the attendees (like me) the opportunity to have questions
answered way faster than scouring the web to hopefully find the answer.

So I reckon that even if we source the best venue there's only gonna be a
handfull because of the lack of commitments. One the one hand you want to
organise some sort of half descent meeting but some people don't like to go
to something that looks like "work" (I by this I mean talking technical and
so on) but for some other it is simply a bit of good time spent with (oh
goodie) folks that have the same kind of hobby/motivation/understanding as
you in this world of mostly clueless/careless punters. So for me the Fife lug
is great and I see/learn/absorb a lot at these meetings.

I know I sound like I rant quite a bit and I am sorry for this but I have to
agree with Barrie, the meet is initially a time for talking and exchanging
even if you cannot sometimes connect with others (and to the web :-p ) it is
still worth it. If other members are too busy or think that it is a waste of
time then, let them think that. They're probably better off not coming.

--
Gilbert Serex