[Fife Linux Users Group] Fife Lug Meetings

Chase chase at fifelug.org.uk
Tue Nov 8 23:50:22 GMT 2005

Well I've been following this obviously since the start and so far i agree
with everyone (my main problem in life, just hope it want be one here)

As some of you know, and as some o you don't, i run 'fife lug'. In as much a
sense as its ran by anyone. I am responsible for the starting the group,
running and hosting the site (I'm so sorry) and dealing with all the crap the
mailing list gets.

As some points of information to people, I've been working on a new website
(don't hit me just yet bib) It was brought up in the last meeting, the one
people all went too "The current site is over kill for a small group like
ours" so its gonna be smaller, better, faster and easier to use.

Now that was a side track! I want to say i like the sound of formal meetings,
but like njan and zeedo i think they should be well organised and infrequent
to start. When i started fife lug i meant it as a means for like minded
people who like linux or were just interested could meet up and chat. At the
time i had a pub in mind, WANs and APs where not part of my thinking. To me
it seems daft to meet a group of mates and spent the time online. However, if
its what the group wants then its what should be.

Another point i wanted to make clear to everyone, I am the main point of
contact for Fife LUG (the new site will now make that clear) this can change
it some one else wants to take on a role, but for now people should contact
me (chase at fifelug.org.uk)

I like the idea of fife lug and what it could become but for now the group has
no head, grate ideas but no organisation (i will take the full blaim for that
now, save anyone else saying it)

As for a meeting to organise us, i am in full agreement, we need one. I will
make my self avalible any time everyone else it but i subjest this meeting
takes place in brusters. The first fife luge meeting was a grate success and
i think the venu is fittin for us to talk about where the group is going now.

--
**Stay Sane***
/////Chase///*

**E-mail:  chase at fifelug.org.uk