[Fife Linux Users Group] Ubuntu Install

John A Thomson of Roundtrip Solutions Limited john at roundtripsolutions.com
Wed Apr 26 09:55:50 BST 2006

Hi Guys,

Finally getting around to doing a bit of Linux... well started with an
install of Ubuntu!

Some quick advice on the partitioning part of the Ubuntu install....
80Gb hard drive. Ubunutu will be the sole operating system. No need to dual
boot. Should I just accept Ubunutu defaults or should I manually tweak the
partitions. If the later, what should I do?

What else do I need to do once it is all installed?

Thinking of getting a wireless PCI card for the desktop. Are there any
particular cards people recommend or chipsets that are favoured?

I'm sure a good deal of this information was placed onto a thread on the
discussion forums! Do we still have them in a useful form?

Thanks in advance.

Many thanks and regards

John A Thomson

Managing Director
Roundtrip Solutions Limited
15 Freuchie Mill, Freuchie, Cupar, Fife KY15 7JL
t: +44 (0)1337 858 826  -  +44 (0) 131 208 1826
 <http://www.roundtripsolutions.com/> http://www.roundtripsolutions.com