[Fife Linux Users Group] Application Recommendations?

John A Thomson of Roundtrip Solutions Limited john at roundtripsolutions.com
Sun Apr 30 10:52:01 BST 2006

Morning All,

Moving things along ....

I'm sure there will be some religious wars in the answers. Naming the
application will be enough as this is a simple straw-poll.

What are you're preferred applications for:

1. Web browsing
Firefox?

2. Email
Thunderbird?

3. News Aggregator inc RSS & Atom support

4. IM Client

5. Bit Torrent Client

6. Media Players

7. Dare I ask.... AV or don't we bother since the virus writers only write
Windows apps!?!

Thanks in advance.

p.s. Found this guide that looks just the part for a newbie:
http://www.psychocats.net/ubuntu/index.php.

Many thanks and regards

John A Thomson

Managing Director
Roundtrip Solutions Limited
15 Freuchie Mill, Freuchie, Cupar, Fife KY15 7JL
t: +44 (0)1337 858 826  -  +44 (0) 131 208 1826
 <http://www.roundtripsolutions.com/> http://www.roundtripsolutions.com