[Fife Linux Users Group] Recently posted my Fifelug website.

Chase chase at fifelug.org.uk
Wed Jan 11 14:27:55 GMT 2006

> While the forum function was useful (and is still there as part of the
> Geeklog if the correct URI is used!), it was a little use resource.
> With regards to the Wordpress based site, what exactly should the
> "subrcibe" page do? And how does one register as a contributor?

One can register with the site using the Register link on the lower right
menu (http://www.fifelug.org.uk/wp-register.php). You should be made a
contributor automatically. Subrcibe, should be subscribe or some other
spelling, but in essence anyone who registers their email with that page
will get a small email every time a new post is made. I added it for the
benefit of anyone who does not use an RSS reader. The advantage being if you
have registered, and subscribe, you can select which categories you wish you
hear about. Limiting the amount of crap emails you're likely to hear about.

> Once things get rolling, it may be worth adding the mailing list posts to
> the site (I use the Postie plugin for my own site, and can assist on
> configuring this if required.) This would also make it easier for memebers
> to contribute, and find past postings to the list.

This seems like a good idea. I've never heard about 'Postie' but I will have
a look at it, because you're right, it does seem a good idea.

> If there are any ways I can assist, let me know.

Of course I will ask if I think you can help, I am not so proud, or
competent to believe I can do everything on my own. So if you register I
will upgrade you to a full admin, the same goes for anyone (I have already
meet) you wishes higher access rights.

Chase