[Fife Linux Users Group] Recently posted my Fifelug website.

Chase chase at fifelug.org.uk
Fri Jan 13 04:20:38 GMT 2006

> Once things get rolling, it may be worth adding the mailing list posts to
> the site (I use the Postie plugin for my own site, and can assist on
> configuring this if required.) This would also make it easier for memebers
> to contribute, and find past postings to the list.

Well I've started working with Postie now. I'm not sure if its posting email
from the mailing list yet cause I had to made some chances to the source I
needed the plug-in to look at the Sender header as well as the from field.
As it stands, well should stand, anyone who sends an email to the mailing
list and HAS an account on the site (having registered the same email
address as the one their sending there mail from) will have their message
posted, as if they wrote it. Any other email, not sent from a site member
will have their message posted for them using the Mailman username.

So both ways it works, the only problem now is testing. It's taking ages for
me to get any mail from the mailing list. (I only got Brains email 5 minutes
ago 02:30) when it appeared on the mailing list just before midnight. So
other than that I think I've got the plug-in working well. I just hope when
it finally gets round to testing properly it proves its self to be working
as well as I'm now saying it is.

--
**Stay Sane***
/////Chase///*