[Fife Linux Users Group] Re: Fife LUG Website

David Tillotson pinky at acmelabs.co.uk
Sat May 6 08:58:45 BST 2006

> However, Wordpress only uses the underlying Linux OS settings / systems to
> send out emails using sendmail. I believe this could well be a server
> configuration issue. See http://wordpress.org/support/topic/24981 for a
> thread on just this topic.
>
> Do a phpinfo() and inspect the sendmail settings! This will show if it is
> sendmail config issue or whether we need to explore the issue more.

Done some checking on my home system, and found that John has hit the
proverbial nail:

To: pinky+wps at acmelabs.co.uk
Subject: [Acmelabs] Your username and password
From: wordpress at acmelabs.co.uk

www-data is of course the user under which Apache (and therefore WP) runs.
mail.acmelabs.co.uk is set as the default for exim4, and is not used
anywhere else (other than being an alias in DNS). Looks like Chase's
problem is in the MTA config (or possibly DNS, depending on personal
viewpoint!)