[Fife Linux Users Group] Re: Fife LUG Website

John A Thomson of Roundtrip Solutions Limited john at roundtripsolutions.com
Fri May 5 22:34:22 BST 2006

Hello All,

I'd check the following settings in the Wordpress Admin panel, although I
don't think they are the problem here!

Options -> Writing -> Mail Server

This looks to be the only place that a mail server setting can be updated
but I'm not sure if this setting is used anywhere else than receiving
content through emails!

All the email type details look to be stored in the "wp_options" table with
"option-name" starting with "mailserver_xxxx"

The support email address can be updated through the "General" admin page.

These look like the easy things to check to do with Wordpress.

However, Wordpress only uses the underlying Linux OS settings / systems to
send out emails using sendmail. I believe this could well be a server
configuration issue. See http://wordpress.org/support/topic/24981 for a
thread on just this topic.

Do a phpinfo() and inspect the sendmail settings! This will show if it is a
sendmail config issue or whether we need to explore the issue more.

Many thanks and regards

John A Thomson

Managing Director
Roundtrip Solutions Limited
15 Freuchie Mill, Freuchie, Cupar, Fife KY15 7JL
t: +44 (0)1337 858 826  -  +44 (0) 131 208 1826
http://www.roundtripsolutions.com