[Fife Linux Users Group] Wireless Network Spanning Multiple APs

John A Thomson of Roundtrip Solutions john at roundtripsolutions.com
Tue Oct 31 07:51:14 GMT 2006

Hi Guys,

It has been a while since we had a question on here so here goes ....

Anyone got experience of the software / hardware running a larger wireless
network say in a big corp? Just looking for some pointers to the
technologies to research! Ideally, I'd like to have some form of
proxy/firewall in there to filter out undesirable network traffic such as
P2P (not easy I know). It would be ideal to find a single project rather
than having separate devices providing different parts of the functionality
e.g. authentication (radius?), logging and traffic management.

Are there any Linux projects out there looking at this type of thing?

Many thanks and regards

John A Thomson

Managing Director
Roundtrip Solutions Limited
15 Freuchie Mill, Freuchie, Cupar, Fife KY15 7JL
t: +44 (0)1337 858 826  -  +44 (0) 131 208 1826
 <http://www.roundtripsolutions.com/> http://www.roundtripsolutions.com