[StALUG] trying out Gentoo

garryg gargul1969 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 11 21:25:43 UTC 2010

Hey Rory,

well, attempting to install gentoo for the first time was fairly hardcore
for a gui user. just spent the last week getting my head round logical
volume management! afraid to say failed gentoo instalment twice. got as far
as installing the stage 3 tarball but things went downhill rapidly once
portage came into the equation. there were a few other probs during earlier
stages but not sure if it's cos was doing it in virtualbox or not (you did
say to bare that in mind if things went wrong and i was looking for help).
no matter, i'll have another crack it once i figure out dual booting and
then find out if was virtualbox, my inexperience or a combination of both -
i know which one my money's going on though!

Cheers,

Garry