[StALUG] trying out Gentoo

Rory Beaton rb36 at st-andrews.ac.uk
Thu Aug 12 11:11:08 UTC 2010

Quoting Jim McLaren <Jim at blackfingernail.com>:

> On Thu, 12 Aug 2010 11:13:44 +0100
> Likewise, especially with the recent builds of VB. I can't get USB to
> function correctly on version 3.2 so am still working on 3.1. I've
> installed Windows 7 on it, but not really done much with it yet.

Interesting...was this the 32-bit or 64-bit Windows 7? I was trying with 64-bit
and I kept having the problem of the installer "losing" the source
drive/directory.

I agree that USB is an issue - I spent too long trying to get the guest OS to
see my graphics tablet and security dongles are a nightmare!

rb