[Sussex] Send/FetchMail

Steve Dobson SDobson at manh.com
Tue Nov 12 08:57:02 UTC 2002

Steve

On 11 November 2002 at 05:24 Steve Williams wrote:
> Anyone out there a bit of a Send/FetchMail guru?  I would
> love to get some advice on setting up my Linux Server to
> send and fetch mail, and queue in and outbound mail as well.
> The fetchmail side seems to be working ok, but not sendmail.
> Sendmail is notorious for being difficult to set up, so any
> advice would be much appreciated.

I have a book on sendmail but have switched to using exim now.
I got everything in sendmail (m4 config) to work except one of
the re-write rules.

If you switch to exim I can send you a config file (or check the
archives cos' I sent it to Geoff a while back) that should do
most of what you want.

I can even get it to forward to different smarthost depending
upon you connection to the net (quite useful on a laptop).