[Sussex] Xandros

Angelo Servini Angelo.Servini at claybrook.co.uk
Mon Nov 18 09:55:01 UTC 2002

A few days ago I ordered Xandros from the States via their website.  I was
impressed by the speedy response - it arrived literally a day and a half
later!

Over the weekend I installed Xandros on my PC.  I was again impressed by the
relatively painless way in which it installs and mounts all the partitions
available.   As a Windows user, I like the 'Explorer Like' representation of
files and drives by the windowed file manager.   Also from my standpoint,
automatic mounting of drives is a good feature.

One hiccup has occured however, it put a reference to Red Hat in the boot
menu (which does not work, since I opted for an overwrite of Red Hat)

I also think that the help system is a bit lightweight and could contain a
lot more info for newbies.  Rerence to commands like UPDATE is a bit vague
and does not tell the user where to run the command from.  I had to hunt
around KDE's menu system to find it.

Angelo Servini
Programmer/Analyst
Claybrook Computing Ltd
Sutherland House
Russell Way
Crawley
West Sussex.  RH10 1UH
( 01293 604955
( 01293 604099 (Fax)
+ angelo.servini at claybrook.co.uk

Registered in England and Wales No 1287205

A Hogg Robinson plc company