[Sussex] Laptop install...

Dominic Clay dominic.clay at europrospectus.com
Fri Nov 29 09:48:01 UTC 2002

Thanks for your efforts last night chaps, Steve and Jon especially.

Unfortunately the job is not yet finished. :(

I have browser and email connectivity through an ms os again.

My thinking is, I need to get a bootable linux media (CD?), then reset lilo
to know where both OS's are.  Once here I can install the rest of the
software on my new shiny Deb partitions!
I now need to find out how to sort out lilo and point it towards the right
locations.

Can I do this from a RH7.2 bootable install cd or do I need to download
debian and burn it first?

Steve/Jon, can you remember what settings I need to use for lilo to ensure
both OS's will work?

Clues, and blatant explicit instruction is welcomed :)

Sorry to be a newbie but, well I am newbie... :/

Once again,  cheers for the help last night.  It was fun :}

Dominic