[Sussex] UK Linux Expo

Steve Dobson SDobson at manh.com
Wed Sep 11 11:58:01 UTC 2002

All

> From: Geoff Teale
> > Ahh... You've not been to a linux expo before then? ;-)
> No but I have been to several IT trade shows before..
>
> > Personally I'll be turning up around lunchtime, doing the
> > quick wiz around all the usual tired stands and then finding
> > an alternative location to spend the rest of the afternoon in :-)
>
> That sounds reasonable. Generally I find you have to be
> patient and get to speak to the people you really want to at a
> show.
>
> > You may call me a cynic if you wish.
>
> Ah, no, I know exactly what you mean.  I went to a "Windows
> 2000" show at Olympia a couple of years back

You swine; I'll have you drummed out of the Brownies for that!!! :-)

>                                              and I was there
> for about 1 hour before I was totally bored.

Well what do you expect.  Almost everything on Windoz is either
management stuff (boring) or a ports of a product first seen on
a Unix platform.   -- Meow, Meow

>                                              It'll help to
> have other people there though.  I'd like the opportunity to
> track down knowledgeable people and assimilate some of that
> knowledge.

Steve's Secret Snip-it for attending tradeshows:	Ware a Cool Geek
Tee.

Last time I went to the Linux Expo (two years ago) I wore my
nine layer ISO network Tee.  It gets you noticed by the stand Geeks
and who else there is worth talking to?  I might get some printed
up and sell them as I walk around.